Redeemed. Renewed. Restored

"Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope...'In that day,' declares the Lord, 'you will call Me 'my husband'; you will no longer call Me 'my master'.'" -Hosea 2:14-16


"I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulnees, and you will acknowledge the Lord." -
Hosea 2:19-20



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Leaving the Comforts of Preparation...

Suzanne gave me an article toward the end of this summer that is now hanging on my mirror...it's a constant reminder of
A.) How big our God is
B.) What He's called me to.

And I wanted to share it! :) It's from Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place

"Have you found yourself on the brink of the place for which God has long been preparing you?...Something for which you sense He has been preparing you for a long time? Now that you see God fulfilling His promise to use you and have gone through excruciating preparation toward that end, are you filled with fear? An overwhelming sense of unreadiness? A sudden emotion that this may not be what you wanted? A little sorry you volunteered to go wherever and do whatever? Do you feel like a grasshopper beside the task?
God will deal with those feelings and will bring them to a place of dismissal if you confess them to Him and invite Him to give the courage to accept His personalized plan for you.
If only the Israelites had cried to God like the struggling father, "Help me overcome my unbelief" (Mark 9:24), their carcasses would never have fallen in the wilderness. How God must grieve over two common approaches to His unfolding plan; those who want position without preparation and those who refuse to leave the comforts of preparation to take the position. If the truth were known, Joshua may have suffered a few butterflies himself. Remember, he saw the giants in Canaan with his own eyes! There was one major difference between Joshua and Caleb and the other spies: their God was bigger than their obstacles.
Is yours?
God banished Joshua's fears with the words of Joshua 1:1-9. His encouragement for one precious man who stood at the crossroads between preparation and position, promise and possession.
Take the land, beloved."


How relevant this is coming here from 8 months of preparation and seeing the Lord open up opportunities for me to "take the land." I feel the fear she speaks of...but I have left the comforts of preparation through His strength and guidance, and am simply striving for the obedience that He calls me to. Our God is bigger than our obstacles! Thank goodness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment